MARRIAGE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
Calhoun County Probate Office
We accept CASH or CHECK. No debit or credit cards.It will take approximately 20 minutes to process your application once you have filled out your information sheet.
MARRIAGE LICENSE: $74.00
Guidelines for Applicants 18 years or older
* Applicants must have Identification with current legal name. Example:
Any state issued ID or Driver’s License, Military ID, Passport, U.S. Government issued
Immigration Services ID card, (green card, visa, alien resident card), or State Certified
birth certificate (Xerox copies or hospital certificates will not be accepted)
* Your name will be spelled EXACTLY as it is listed on your Identification.
If your name has been legally changed we must see an original court order.
* Any applicant divorced within the last 6 months should bring a certified copy of the
Judgement of Divorce.
Guidelines for Minors 16 or 17 years of age
certificates will not be accepted)
* Both parents listed on the birth certificate must be present with some form
of current government issued picture ID (example: driver’s license)
* If a parent is deceased, a death certificate is required.
* If parents are divorced and one parent has full custody, you must bring a certified copy
of the custody order signed by a Judge, if both parents cannot be present when applying
for the license.
* If DHR has ever retained custody of the minor, that information must be disclosed.
* The Probate Judge must be present to approve the parental consent form before a
marriage license can be issued to a minor.